CSU-Pueblo organizations help promote FOX’s ‘Red Band Society’

The CSU-Pueblo marching band, cheer and dance squads pose at the Colorado Children's Hospital in Denver.
    The CSU-Pueblo marching band, cheer and dance squads pose at the Colorado Children’s Hospital in Denver.
    Photo courtesy of Ali Davis
    Cheerleaders interact with children at the Colorado Children's Hospital.
    Cheerleaders interact with children at the Colorado Children’s Hospital.
    Photo courtesy of Ali Davis

The Colorado State University-Pueblo marching band joined the cheer and dance squads in promoting the new FOX series “Red Band Society.”

The groups represented Pueblo and the university Sept. 12 at the Colorado Children’s Hospital in Denver, playing music, dancing, and interacting with parents and children. The Denver event was the only Colorado appearance for the show, and CSU-Pueblo was the only Colorado band to participate.
    “Red Band Society” is about a group of teens who form a bond in a Los Angeles hospital.  Their friendships are represented by their red hospital bands.

According to a press release from CSU-Pueblo, FOX and “Red Band Society” will be visiting children’s hospitals in several cities during September, holding ten similar events to promote the show.

Ali Davis, a CSU-Pueblo cheerleader, said “It was definitely humbling. Not only did we represent CSU Pueblo, we represented the state of Colorado for FOX’s new show, ‘Red Band Society.’ To see the joy in the children’s faces that got to go outside and see the performance and  meet Wolfie was amazing. The girls actually got to be homecoming dates to a wonderful teen that missed his senior homecoming because he needed surgery. They threw a mini dance for him, and it made his night.”

“I know it had a lasting impact on the kids in the hospital, but I’m pretty sure it had the same lasting effect on each of the members in the band, cheer, and dance squads who were able to attend the event…it was definitely an experience we will never forget,” said Davis.

FOX network also made a donation to the Colorado Children’s Hospital to commemorate CSU-Pueblo’s participation in the project.