PackFest comes to CSU-Pueblo Campus

Image courtesy of csupueblo.edu
Image courtesy of csupueblo.edu

Colorado State University- Pueblo plans to host back to school event PackFest for students, faculty, and staff. The event will take place Friday, Sept. 9, from 4 p.m.-11p.m.

PackFest will be located next to the campus sand volleyball and ropes course area. Most of the events will happen in the western parking lot between the football stadium and the ropes course.

The event will be put on by the Campus Activities Board and the Associated Students Government President Antonio Huerta. The Campus Activities Board plans events that happen on CSU-Pueblo’s campus throughout the year.

Huerta is looking forward to the event and wants this event to become a tradition on campus.

“My goal is that this event is so incredibly successful that it becomes an annual CSU-Pueblo tradition,” Huerta said.

PackFest will include a beer garden and live music.The concerts will include music and entertainment by; Olivia Colletti, Landon Williams, Two Girls Rock Tour: Natalie Stovall and Ruthis Collins, and Drake White. The live music begins at 4:00 p.m.

“My vision for this event was to bring the whole campus together to have fun.” Huerta continued, “And kick off the school year in a safe, informal and inviting environment,” he said.

Other attractions will include a Ferris wheel, foam pit party, henna, yard games and a mechanical bull.

The beer garden is for ages 21 and up and between the hours of 5 p.m. And 7 p.m. There is a two for $20 entry fee which includes food, beer, bottled water and a souvenir cup. After 7p.m. The entry to the beer garden returns to $20 each.

Students are advised to pick up their free ticket to the concerts outside the L.A.R.C. or L.A.R.C 267 this week. CSU-Pueblo faculty will receive discounted tickets, three for $5 at L.A.R.C. 267 or $5 each at the door which includes food and activities.

Huerta said PackFest is unique from other campus activities because this is one of the first on-campus events that offers alcohol.

Huerta believes this event will draw a lot of commuter students because of the timing and duration of the event.

“This will give commuter students time to actually drive to campus and the length of the event will make it worth the drive,” Huerta said.

Huerta hopes to see a large turnout of CSU-Pueblo students, faculty and staff. “A goal is to have an attendance of 1000 people at PackFest,” he said.

For more information about PackFest, please visit the My CSU-Pueblo Facebook page or stop by L.A.R.C 267.

Edited by: D. Calhoun