CSU-Pueblo honors veterans with several free events on campus

Events throughout Pueblo will honor veterans. Photo courtesy of dealsinaz.com.
Image courtesy of dealsinaz.com

This week is Veterans Week at Colorado State University-Pueblo. With Veterans Day coming up Nov. 11, the university has planned several events for and in honor of veterans.

“There’s so many activities throughout the city and the state, so we’re trying to have some different activities,” said Dana Rocha, interim director of veteran affairs at CSU-Pueblo.

The events include food drives, memorial services and a resource fair that is open to all military veterans.

Homeless Veterans Awareness – Nov 11: The Student Veterans of America will be “homeless” outside the ThunderBowl from 11 A.M. to 12 P.M. to collect food donations for homeless veterans to raise awareness for suicide prevention.

Veterans Day Memorial Program – Nov. 11: The CSU-Pueblo Veteran’s Education Benefits Office will hold a memorial ceremony at the Southeast Asia Memorial at 2 P.M. Colonel Thomas A. Duncan II of the Pueblo chemical depot will be speaking at the event.

Veterans Day Benefit Concert – Nov. 11: The CSU-Pueblo Music Department will hold a Veterans Day concert. Donations will benefit veterans’ scholarships. The concert will begin at 3 P.M. in Hoag Hall and feature multiple musical groups. The winner of this year’s student military veteran music scholarship will also be announced. Following the concert, food will be served.

Hero Workout – Nov 11: From 5-7 P.M., a hero workout will be hosted in the ThunderBowl. The workout involves honoring fallen military by incorporating parts of their lives through exercises.

Military Appreciation Football Game – Nov.12: At 2 P.M., the ThunderWolves will face Chadron State at the ThunderBowl. Active duty military and veterans get in free with military ID.

Edited by: Theresa