Creatives celebrate communications, ring in spring

The happy couple poses for a traditional wedding portrait. [Today photo/Brianna Sammons]

Nice day for a wild wedding

By Noelle Redmond

CSU Pueblo media communication students attended the matrimony of Austin Belore and The Today, held in the Buell Communications Center TV studio. The location and the scenery were all designed to welcome home The Today, and bring her comfort on her wedding day.

After years of what-if’s and maybe’s between the courting couple, the unconventional day conventionally came.

Natashia Gebre-Zion was spotted officiating the event, flanked by maid of honor Brianna Sammons, the groom’s best man Kyra Inay and flower bro John Boren. Kimmy Reinhardt, The Today’s social media manager, served as the romantic events wedding planner and decorator. Reinhardt’s team also consisted of Ryan Jones as videographer and Sammons as the photographer.

The bride was clad in her godmother, Regan Foster’s, champagne-colored veil and the groom in a red-and-black flannel shirt; there wasn’t a dry eye present in the room. Foster performed the honors of giving away The Today, and emotions exceedingly escalated. 

And on with the ceremony they went. Vows were verified, as the two poured their hearts into every word, drawing the guests in with a magnetic pull.

In the calling of any objections, Dara Shepherd made herself known with a vigorous declaration of protest in the TV studio. With the objection at hand, the two soon-to-be-weds continued on, declaring their love and making it official. Their bond is now fully finalized for future editions.

With the wedding ended and the lovers formally secured together, the wedding party and guests retired to a reception at ThunderZone. The bride was abandoned at the altar.

It is said that, “Newspapers are the world’s mirrors.” 

May The Today reflect her and Belore’s love, etched into the pages with ink and rose colored hues; memorializing more moments magically with the momentous stories they shape together, as a team.

Oh, and happy April Fool’s Day.