New CSU-Pueblo provost and Vice-President of Academic Affairs named

Dr. Carl Wright. Photo courtesy of http://www.colostate-pueblo.edu
The new provost and Vice-President for Academic Affairs at Colorado State University- Pueblo, Dr. Carl Wright. Photo courtesy of http://www.colostate-pueblo.edu

Carl Wright has been announced as the new provost and Vice-President for Academic Affairs at Colorado State University- Pueblo. Wright will start as provost on July 15, 2013.

The provost/VPAA is responsible for assuring the quality of student education. The provost does this by overseeing the curriculum and leading new proposals in education.

It is the provost’s job to insure that a student’s experiences at CSU-Pueblo meet and even exceed expectations. This position is responsible for all academic degrees and non-degree programs on campus and is the direct supervisor for all deans.

The provost is the person who is in charge of all the programs that would that directly affects a student’s academic career.

After the long search process for the new provost, Carl Wright was chosen out of a pool of well-qualified candidates.

The search committee identified four candidates and after thorough consideration following the campus interviews, feedback forms and numerous other variables, President Lesley Di Mare made the final choice of Dr. Wright

Every candidate was reviewed for his or her experience; background, training and how they would fit into CSU-Pueblo.

“I believe that Dr. Wright is the best person to serve CSU-Pueblo,” Di Mare said. “His combination of academic background and business and finance experience will be a tremendous asset as we move forward with efforts to better align university programs with identified budget priorities.”

Provost Candidate Dr. Carl Wright from CSU-Pueblo TODAY on Vimeo.

Most recently, Dr. Wright served as dean of the College of Business at Grambling State University in Grambling, La.

Before that Wright was at Virginia State University holding positions of chairman of the Department of Accounting and Finance, as well as vice president of business and finance. Prior to assuming administrative positions, Dr. Wright taught business and accounting courses beginning in 1976.

Wright has co-authored articles on information technology and distance education, along with the role of external auditors in nonpublic regulatory environments. His research interests include data security and structural equation modeling in managerial accounting.

He holds a Ph.D degree in business administration, with a major in accounting from Jackson State University in Jackson, Miss., an MBA from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Va. and a Bachelors of Science in Accounting from Virginia State University in Petersburg, Va.

“We look forward to welcoming Dr. Wright into the CSU-Pueblo community,” Di Mare said.