Three ThunderWolves to compete in a grand slam

Photo courtesy of http://www.colostate-pueblo.edu
CSU-Pueblo has won 16 national collegiate titles and one International Collegiate Title since 1992. Photo courtesy of http://www.colostate-pueblo.edu

Three students from Colorado State University-Pueblo will compete in the U.S. Open Racquetball Championships, a tournament hosted by the U.S. Racquetball Association, from Oct. 2-6 at the Life Time Fitness Center in Minneapolis, Minn.

Among those who qualified for the event are freshman Brad Schopieray, from Michigan; senior Felipe Camacho, from Costa Rica; and senior Jake Bredenbeck, from Minnesota.

The qualifications for the U.S Open Racquetball Championships are among the most recent accomplishments for a racquetball program at CSU-Pueblo that has won 16 national collegiate titles and one International Collegiate Title since 1992.

Schopieray, Camacho and Bredenbeck have all qualified for tournaments in the past, and are all sponsored by a professional brand of sporting equipment.

Schopieray says that he “has a love for most sports and that his favorite part about playing racquetball is that it is fun and competitive.”

“The harder you work at racquetball, the better you get,” Camacho said.

Bredenbeck, who will be returning to his home state for the tour says he “loves the competition.” Bredenbeck also enjoys getting to know the people in racquetball because they become like family to him.

The U.S. Open is a grand slam event that features more than 700 athletes from the Men’s International Racquetball Tour, the Ladies’ Professional Racquetball Tour and the Classic Pro Racquetball Tour