CSU-Pueblo volleyball snaps six game losing skid

Photo courtesy of gothunderwolves.com
Colorado State University-Pueblo volleyball snapped a season-high six game losing streak Thursday with a 25-20, 25-19, 25-12 victory over Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference foe Chadron State. Photo courtesy of gothunderwolves.com

Colorado State University-Pueblo volleyball snapped a season-high six game losing streak on Oct 24 with a 25-20, 25-19, 25-12 victory over Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference foe Chadron State. 

Playing at home for the first time in nearly two weeks, the ThunderWolves got the spark that they needed as they took down the 3-17 Eagles in the seventh annual “Block Out Breast Cancer Awareness” game.

“That game was huge for our confidence,” head coach Jen Gomez said. “It was good for us to go out there and remember how it feels to win again, especially with big conference games coming up.”

Morgan Wilkening and Brianna Bryant each reached 200 kills on the season in the effort, with Wilkening adding eight and Bryant 12 on the night.

Kacy Griffin also contributed in a big way on the night, amassing 36 assists and five digs in the winning effort.

The victory gives the ThunderWolves their fifth conference win in 12 tries, and puts them in a competitive position coming into the final stretch of games.

The ThunderWolves will play at home for the second straight night on Friday as they take on Black Hills State at 7 p.m.