CSU-Pueblo hosts student art show

Colorado State University-Pueblo recently welcomed students to show their art in the annual student art exhibition on campus.

Mike Womack, the Professor of Painting and Drawing at CU Boulder, chose art from various students to be in the show.

A variety of media, including painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, photography and digital art were on display. Without a uniform theme, the pieces ranged from wooden sculptures of fish to colorful paintings of aliens.

“It really amazed me how much talent the students at this school have. I wasn’t aware of all the good artists that go to CSU-Pueblo,” said Cole Gilmore, a junior at CSU-Pueblo.

“I really loved the show, even though I don’t usually go to art shows. My favorite piece was the one by Barrett Skul. He painted four really freaky looking alien people. It was all really creative,” he said.

The pieces were judged and the winner received the coveted “Best of Show” title. First, second and third place received cash prizes.

“If I was judging that show it would have been so hard for me to pick a winner. Literally every piece amazed me. I’m just glad I got to observe rather than judge,” said art show attendee Jana Mitskevych.

The show takes place every year in The Fine Art Gallery, located in the Art and Music Building, Hoag Hall in the Capps Cappozzollo Academic Center for the Arts on the CSU-Pueblo campus.