Graduation fair to prepare seniors for commencement ceremony

Students can order announcements and caps and gowns in the university bookstore and online.

For seniors, the time has come to order graduation announcements and get caps and gowns fitted. The graduation fair at CSU-Pueblo will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on March 3 and 4 in the Bookstore and from 3 to 6 p.m. on Monday, March 2 at the university’s Tower location in Colorado Springs.

“Students and graduates will be measured and can order their cap and gown at the fair. They also may order class rings, legacy cords, graduation announcements, and commencement DVDs. Students also may have a professional portrait taken, meet with the Alumni Association, and get answers to any other graduation-related questions,” said CSU-Pueblo marketing and communications specialist Niki Whitaker.

“Often, students want to know details about the ceremony itself, including arrival time and location,” she said.

Whitaker said 118 master’s candidates and 1058 bachelor’s candidates have the opportunity to walk in the graduation ceremony this year.

“As of today, 1176 students are eligible to participate in the ceremony this year. Typically, only 700-800 participate in the actual ceremony,” she said.

In order to avoid late fees, Whitaker said it’s important to get orders in before the March deadline.

“Students may also order online at www.csupueblobookstore.com. A late fee of $15 will be charged for orders placed beginning March 5 to 13. A late fee of $25 will be charged for orders placed after March 13, 2015,” she said.

In addition to ordering ceremony materials, seniors are also getting prepared for career prospects for after graduation.

“I have looked into jobs, Lots! I am just taking it step by step though,” said CSU-Pueblo senior Sydney McIntyre.

Seniors, along with all other students, are also invited to attend the career fair, which will be held March 4. That event aims to give students a better look at companies and opportunities that are presented for when it’s time to take the next step into a career.

Seniors can stay updated on events and activities through email and campus announcements.

For more information on the graduation fair, contact Niki Whitaker at 549-2284 or email [email protected]​​.