Student Engagement and Leadership to host outdoor movie event

Courtesy of collegiatelink.net
Courtesy of collegiatelink.net

The office of Student Engagement and Leadership at CSU-Pueblo will be hosting an outdoor screening of the movie “Big Hero 6” on April 24 from 8 to 10 p.m.

The event, which will take place at the Fountain Plaza, is free for everyone. Kids are welcome and will be provided with games and activities starting at 6 p.m.

SEAL will provide face painting, snow cones, popcorn and a bouncy house for the kids at 6 pm.

The mission of the SEAL office is to promote and enhance the student experience at CSU-Pueblo and provide a sense of belonging at the university. Their goal is to promote new and better opportunities for students through activities and events.

Alexis King, coordinator of SEAL, said another goal is to encourage commuter students to feel accepted and think of CSU-Pueblo as their home.

“We are trying to get our commuter students who have families, who don’t always get to participate to attend, which is why we scheduled it on Friday night,” King said.

Since non-traditional students are a large population of CSU-Pueblo’s diverse campus, it is sometimes difficult for them to be included in certain events during the school year.

“We will have more events like this coming next semester to make sure that we are including the non-traditional students,” King said. “We need to make sure that their needs are to be met just as much as the needs of students on campus.”

The SEAL office has hosted a movie night in previous years in a different location.

King said the success of last year’s event led SEAL host it again this year.

“That is what actually spurred this now that we have a commuter student program,” King said. “If it goes well, we will definitely do it again.”

For more information about the movie night, contact Student Engagement and Leadership at 719-549-2151.