SEAL office revives Tuesday Tunes

DSC00316 (1)
Hannah Compton, Tuesday Tunes musician | Photo by Keelan Bailey

Colorado State University-Pueblo’s office of Student Engagement and Leadership held the event, Tuesday Tunes, in front of the Occhiato University Center. The event showcases student musicians from the university with a different performer every event, who perform on Tuesdays once a month.

The event has been done in the past but has been brought back this school year by Tyler Hobson, SEAL graduate assistant of fraternity and sorority life & leadership.

“The two acts that we have had this year were amazing and I think the two we have so far have went really well,” Hobson said.

The musician who performed this week was freshman student, Hannah Compton. She performed her first solo live in front of students that featured popular covers of songs as well as some of her personal favorite songs.

Compton said that she has never performed solo in front of an anyone before Tuesday but has performed in a large group called the East High School Tone Troopers before entering college. The group traveled around performing for various groups and at events such as churches, retirement hones, concerts at her school and the lighting of the Riverwalk ceremony.

“Being a part of the East High School Tone Troopers gave me the experienced I needed to get out here and perform today,” Compton said.

She said that she attended the last Tuesday Tunes and saw CSU-Pueblo student, Josh Floyd, perform and immediately wanted to be a part of the event herself. Although performing a majority of the show solo, Compton’s little sister, Lynn Compton, joined her for a few duets.

Lynn Compton said that she doesn’t like performing alone, so she usually makes her sister perform with her. The sisters were both in acapella groups and have sang together in various high school performances.

Students Courtney Horn and Emily Ackerman who were in attendance said they loved the singing.

They both agreed to attend more Tuesday Tunes events in the future.

Coming closer to winter months, Hobson said that they will be moving the event indoors where he thinks it will attract more people to watch the performers.

According to Hobson, more people are needed to audition in order to continue having Tuesday Tunes events.

For more information regarding to this event, contact the SEAL office in RM 006 in the lower level of the OUC or contact Hobson at [email protected].