‘On the Move’ campaign enters its last year

CSU-Pueblo Foundation's On the Move Campaign
CSU-Pueblo Foundation’s On the Move Campaign | Image courtesy of csuponthemove.org

The CSU-Pueblo Foundation’s “On the Move” campaign is averaging about $15.5 million in its last year.

The campaign, a fundraising goal aimed at helping current and future students succeed at Colorado State University-Pueblo, is set to end Aug. 21.

“On the Move” also focuses on improving facilities on campus and enhancing and expanding its athletics programs.

The campaign is led by Todd Kelly, the CEO and President of the Foundation.

According to csupueblo.edu, the campaign was started by CSU-Pueblo President Lesley Di Mare and Kelly in August of 2013. In May of 2013, 40 percent of the goal was already earned.

The main focus of the “On the Move” campaign is to help current and future students with private gifts and grants and to also help the institution with funding for sports and facilities.

The campaign is currently in its third and final year of its term. With a final goal of $25 million, it is currently holding $15.5 million, Kelly said.

“The campaign will end on Aug. 21, marking the end of the three-year campaign,” he said. “The emphasis area for this campaign are academic programs/scholarships ($15 million) the remodel of the OUC ($5 million) and the expansion of athletics ($5 million).”

According to the campaign’s website, csuponthemove.org, “With fewer state and federal government dollars each year, CSU-Pueblo must look for additional sources of revenue to better serve the needs of our students and to fulfill our mission as a regional comprehensive university.”

In December of 2015, $3 million were donated to the CSU-Pueblo Foundation from the Lois W. Mathis and J. Roland Mathis Trust, according to a CSU-Pueblo news release. This is the largest donation made towards this campaign thus far.

Kelly said that their main focus right now is achieving the campaign’s goal of a total of $25 million. He said that after this campaign ends in August, he is sure that they will begin a new campaign with the intentions of helping students, and the university as a whole, succeed in the future.