CSU-Pueblo students to develop Love Your Melon organization

Love Your Melon | Photo Courtesy of Love Your Melon CSU-Pueblo Facebook page

Colorado State University-Pueblo students Maggie Geolat and Bri Mason are in in the process of developing a new campus organization called Love Your Melon.

The organization markets a buy one give one campaign. For every hat or item purchased a child with cancer in America will receive that same product.

“Love Your Melon is an apparel brand that gives a hat to every child battling cancer in America, funds childhood cancer research initiatives and provides immediate support for children and their families,” Geolat said.

The organization will market the products and at the time of checkout on the online webpage, customers are able to choose the school they want to support. Once a school gets enough credit. the school’s crew will visit a hospital to distribute the product to the children.

According to Mason, Love Your Melon is a nationwide student run organization and the products are manufactured in Denver.

“I believe that Love Your Melon will have an amazing impact on our campus because just with the two months that we have started this organization there have been multiple people that have wanted to help and be a part of this organization,” Mason said.

“I really believe in what Love Your Melon is doing,” Geolat said.

Geolat believes that the organization will thrive on CSU-Pueblo’s campus.

“They are creating memorable experiences for these brave children and it is a great way as a college student to help give back,” Geolat said.

The Love Your Melon nationwide organization only allows 20 students per college campus crew. The CSU-Pueblo campus crew is still in need of members. If the crew becomes full then a waiting list will be established.

More Information can be found at www.facebook.com/csupuebloloveyourmelon.com or by contacting Mason at [email protected].