Center for Teaching and Learning to host Faculty Fridays

File photo
File photo

The Center for Teaching and Learning has started Faculty Fridays, an event that allows faculty and staff to come together over light breakfast and have conversations about teaching, learn together and explore the ways to grow and be involved.

“Faculty Fridays facilitate discussion across disciplines regarding curriculum, development, pedagogy and research,” said Derek Lopez, director of the Center for Academic Enrichment.

Every Friday this semester, Faculty Fridays will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the General Classroom Building, room 314. This is a drop-in event, and no RSVP is necessary.

Faculty and staff are encouraged to participate in conversations, celebrations of teaching and possible faculty projects that may be funded through Title V Maestro Grant.

“Additionally, faculty can inquire with faculty and staff at the Center for Teaching and Learning regarding funding opportunities for professional development, curriculum development and travel,” Lopez added.

The weekly discussions are open ended and will be led by a group of faculty members that will include Lopez, Donna Souder, Jonathan Poritz and Megan Parnell.

According to Lopez, some resources faculty and staff will get to explore include “potential funding opportunities for travel, curriculum development, professional development and supplies.”

Potential mini grants can also be offered from the Title V Maestro Grant. Faculty must complete the one-page application which can be obtained by emailing Parnell, the administrative assistant at [email protected].