Graduation Fair guides students through the commencement process

Photo courtesy of http://www.csupueblo.edu/commencement/Pages/default.aspx

The 2016 Graduation Fair was held March 8 and  March 9. As usual, it guided graduates at Colorado State University-Pueblo with the answers to questions that students have about the sometimes confusing process of graduating.

The Graduation Fair was held in the bookstore for all students graduating fall 2015, spring 2016 or summer 2016. The fair is a very useful tool to help get many tasks accomplished. Students could attend all day, between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with opportunities to get a lot of the most stressful parts of graduating out of the way.

Students who attended the Grad Fair were be able to reserve their seat for commencement, purchase and be sized for regalia, including the cap, gown and tassel, have their picture taken by Grad Images, order class rings, order CSU-Pueblo Legacy Cords, purchase a diploma frame, order graduation announcements, meet with the CSU-Pueblo Alumni Association and pre-order a commencement DVD. They were also able to receive answers to any commencement ceremony questions they might have had.

Cindy Hall, the manager of the bookstore said that the graduation fair went really well this year.

“It was a lot busier than last year. In the two days it was held, there were approximately 400 graduates that came by. Since there are normally about 600 students walking in graduation, that is a good percentage of the graduating class that came through,” Hall said.

Sommer Street, an interim marketing and communications specialist who works in External Affairs at CSU-Pueblo, is the main coordinator of the Graduation Fair. She said she was happy to report that this year’s fair was a successful one. She explained that the point of the graduation fair is to make graduating a little less complex. With a good portion of the things needed for graduation all in one place, it removes some of the hassle for students.

“The point of the Grad Fair is to make it very simple, like a one stop shop for graduates.”

Potential graduates who missed the Grad Fair can still RSVP online at http://www.csupueblo.edu/commencement/Pages/default.aspx. Graduates can also get their cap and gown through the book store.

The 2016 CSU-Pueblo Commencement Ceremony is scheduled for 10 a.m. on May 7 at the Events Center at the Colorado State Fair grounds.