Behind the Scenes meeting with CSU-Pueblo president allows for open conversations

CSU-Pueblo3
File photo

At a “Behind the Scenes” meeting held March 14, students, faculty and staff had the opportunity to join Colorado State University-Pueblo President Lesley Di Mare for an open forum, no-agenda, casual gathering. The meeting that was suggested from her monthly lunches, allows for discussions, questions, concerns or opinions regarding the campus.

Held in the Chemistry Building, the meetings provide a relaxed and easygoing atmosphere beyond “Pizza with the President” and formal semester meetings. Allowing a time for open-conversation, members of the CSU-Pueblo community received feedback and personal interaction with university officials.

During this time, President Di Mare filled insight on current issues, successes, goals and plans for the university’s future.

Some campus questions that Di Mare touched on were the possibilities and opportunities to create something beneficial for students, faculty and staff from Belmont Residence Hall that is currently shut down.

“There are ways to think out of the box,” Di Mare said on her plans for Belmont.

It’s just a matter of doing what’s best for the campus as well as considering finances according to Di Mare.

Di Mare expressed her concerns about tuition raises for students, and also expressed concerns for staff and faculty not being able to get raises.

Other topics like campus construction, new school year enrollment, housing plans, scholarships, more master’s programs and finances were openly discussed. Though the meeting was occupied by a majority of the faculty and staff, students who have anything to share or need clarification are urged to attend.

“We’ll come out on the other end OK,” Di Mare said.

This was the first of many “Behind the Scenes” meetings that President Di Mare will be holding. The meetings will be located in a new building each time and is intended to draw students, staff and faculty to come out and share.

The next “Behind the Scenes” will be held in the Massari Arena Wolf Pack Room. More details will be provided soon.