Students get opportunity to gamble at Wolfpack Welcome Glow Casino Night

Image courtesy of SEAL
FB_IMG_1472161202174
Image courtesy of Student Engagement and Leadership

Colorado State University- Pueblo will host a Glow Casino Night on Friday, Aug. 26, in the Occhiato University Center ballroom from 7 – 11 p.m. The event is open to all CSU-Pueblo students.

The event serves as the finale of the Wolfpack Welcome Week endorsed by the Student Engagement and Leadership office. The five-day event also featured Rec Fest at the Student Fitness Center and a magic and comedy show.

SEAL hosts many other on-campus events, including DIY projects, Canvas Coffee and Conversation, the Paint U dance party, and the spring concert. SEAL also participates in events hosted by other organizations on campus.

Anna Jordan, a team member of SEAL, is looking forward to Casino Night. Jordan said that students could expect to take part in different card games, slot machines and relax in the VIP tent.

The card tables and other games will include blackjack, poker, keno, and slot machines. Students have volunteered to serve as dealers and contributors.

Jordan said she is excited to see how the event will look when it’s finished being set up. “I am most excited to see how everything is set up!”

“This is a glow casino so there are going to be lights everywhere and so much to see,” Jordan continued, “We’ve always had a casino night, but this is going to be like no other! I’m very excited to see how it’s going to be put together.”

Students can sip mocktails and take a break from activities to relax in massage chairs. Students will also have an opportunity to win prizes.

WolfPack Welcome Week has hosted many other student-oriented events. Jordan believes Casino Night is different than the others.

“Casino night is one of the events that draws any and all students of CSU-Pueblo to it. It’s a night event so more students are able to attend and so many students want to go,” she said.

“Every event that SEAL puts on is exciting, but this one is at another level than the other,” Jordan continued, “It’s not a chill movie on the lawn or a crazy concert, it’s something students can come to and talk with friends while they play some games and have some fun!”

Jordan hopes that SEAL’s marketing strategies pay off and hopefully draw a huge crowd.

Senior nursing major Lance Cox is one of the commuter students who will attend this event for the second consecutive year.

“I enjoy attending on-campus events, there is always food and a variety of fun,” Cox said.

Cox takes pride in his self-proclaimed gambling skills.“ I love to gamble. — Blackjack is my favorite. It’s all about knowing when to stay or hit- so you don’t bust and lose your hand.”

The senior nursing major encourages all students to attend the event.

“You get the opportunity to meet people you might not get the chance of meeting day-to-day on campus.”

For more information, please visit the My CSU-Pueblo Facebook page.

Edited by: Theresa Wolf