On-campus housing closures for fall and winter breaks announced

Image courtesy of Residence Life and Housing

The Colorado State University-Pueblo Residence Halls and on-campus apartments will close Friday, Nov. 18, at 5 p.m. for fall break. They will reopen on Sunday, Nov. 27, at 8 a.m.

On-campus residents are not permitted to stay in their rooms during the break without prior approval from the Office of Residence Life and Housing. Special accommodations can be made for in-season athletes and out of state/international students. Students who need to stay because of work commitments or other exceptions will be charged $125 on their student account for the duration of the week.

Residents are advised to; unplug all appliances, clean their room before departure, remove all trash and recycling, close and lock their windows, turn off all their lights, turn their thermostat to 68 degrees, remember to take their plants or fish, submit any work orders and to lock their doors.

Students and their roommates living in Crestone, Culebra and Greenhorn Residence Halls are asked to sign a checklist before they leave for break.

Director of Residence Life and Housing Jami Hinshaw said that is can be a theft time. “Students need to be cautious as they pack and begin to move home for break,” Hinshaw said. “Be careful and don’t leave your items unattended as you pack your cars.”

Individuals who need to stay on campus over winter break must complete and submit applications before Wednesday, Nov. 30, at 5 p.m. Applications for winter break housing can be found online on the CSU-Pueblo website. Students who need to stay in housing over break will be charged $125 a week.

The residence halls and on-campus apartments will close Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016, at 8 a.m. and will reopen Sunday, Jan. 15, 2017, at 8 a.m.

For more information and to find applications for winter break housing, please visit:  http://www.csupueblo.edu/Housing/Pages/default.aspx or stop by the Residence Life and Housing Office located in the Culebra Residence Hall. Office Hours are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Edited by: Theresa Wolf