Wolf Pack Welcome Week in Review – The Tenth Annual Student Employment and Involvement Festival

By Chianna Schoenthaler

On Aug. 23, Wolf Pack Welcome week continued here at Colorado State University with Student Engagement and Leadership hosted the 10th annual student employment and involvement festival.

A variety of different student organizations and community organizations joined the festival to welcome back the students during Wolf Pack Welcome Week. As students wondered through fountain plaza, they were greeted by a variety of different organizations handing out flyers and other give away items.

“I thought it was a great experience. Great for new or previously uninvolved students to find a new outlet on campus or community. It seemed very successful,” said Jason Falsetto, a junior civil engineering technology major and leadership studies minor.

The first 500 students who signed up for SEAL’s Pack Perks were able to receive a free T-shirt. This years T-shirt was light blue and had a logo incorporated to look similar the Colorado state flag.

Cameron Collins, a sophomore biology major and chemistry minor, said, “I spent the majority of my time at the SEAL booth promoting Packfest taking place this Friday to students. A lot of students seemed very interested about coming out and having fun on campus. I did walk around for a bit and talked to the Marine booth for a while and felt like the whole event was very informative about clubs, things to do on campus, and event talking to others about plans for the future.”

The barbecue also took place during this time. Students were able to receive free food by writing down their student identification number (PID), and name in exchange for a ticket for the meal.

“I enjoyed that we were all fed at the student employment and involvement festival,” said Kristina Hillard, a junior wildlife and natural resource major.

A variety students were able to mix and mingle, which allowed them to branch out to new networks of people. Many of these organizations were recruiting new members for their club, while some community partners were looking at hiring students or letting students know about different opportunities that are available in the local community.

Jake Harmon, a senior English major and psychology minor, who is currently the student body president said, “I think that the student involvement fair is a great opportunity for students to be introduced to the resources on their campus while also having the opportunity to network with: campus organizations, work study employment opportunities, internship opportunities and career opportunities.”

As students wondered throughout fountain plaza, organizations such as I AM THAT GIRL, Rev89, Outdoor Pursuits, Student Ambassadors, SEAL, Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity, Associated Student Government, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Rotaract Club and many more were present to talk to student during the festival.

Griffin Burgos, a member of Lambda Chi Alpha, sophomore business major said, “The student employment and involvement festival is the best way to get students active on campus by providing all students with an opportunity to explore their options. I would not be in the organizations I am today without this festival.”