Getting different brews at Brues

CSU-Pueblo Today Photo/ Wesley Padgett Brues Alehouse is driven by craft beer, sustainable food, and live music. Brues creates a comfortable environment for its customers.
CSU-Pueblo Today Photo/ Wesley Padgett
Brues Alehouse has live music Thursday through Sunday with ambient sound and lighting.

By Allie Narro

Need a new place to get some coffee or interested in trying out some local beer? Brues Alehouse might be the place for you.

Brues Alehouse Brewery is located on the Riverwalk, downtown. The building has been remodeled from the late police station and jail into a fun upbeat place to grab a quick bite to eat or to enjoy a cold local beer.

Brues has a wide variety menu to choose from while a pretty lengthy beer menu. The beer has the originals that are offered all year while rotating in the seasonal beers. The people at Brues believe there is a beer lover in everyone.

I had the pleasure of enjoying some crab cakes and a chicken salad sandwich for the dine in experience. The crab cakes were to die for, they were soft on the inside but crunchy on the outside. The only negative about them is there were only two but if you’re sharing with one or two other people it’s not too bad.

The chicken salad sandwich was amazing, I felt like everything I was eating was pretty fresh. The sandwich had almonds in it to add a little crunch and some grapes to add a little bit of sweetness. The croissant was the bread of the sandwich and it was just perfect, soft and fluffy.

The staff was nice and I liked how it was a laid back upbeat restaurant and you could relate with the staff on a more personal level. Everyone seemed to enjoy their jobs and seemed happy.

I was really impressed with the espresso bar and small bakery they have as well. The feeling of being at the bar where everyone was having coffee, gave it personality. While I enjoyed my espresso I was able to listen to some relaxing music.

It’s also a nice tourist attraction to be able to see them make the different kinds of beers. This restaurant really does have everything and their rooftop is an awesome place to hangout under the lights.

The cost of the food is pretty reasonable but is not meant for all college students budget. I understand why the cost is a little more on the expensive side because there’s so many ways to utilize this restaurant.

Brues Alehouse has an awesome atmosphere; they even have live performers come into do concerts. It looks like they have E.N Young, Useful Jenkins, Seth Glier and more coming up within the next month.

I would defiantly recommend trying out Brues at least once.