Dillon named CSU-Pueblo women’s golf coach

Colorado State University-Pueblo director of Athletics, Joe Folda, has announced the hiring of former CSU-Pueblo golfer, Greg Dillon, as CSU-Pueblo’s women’s golf coach.

Dillon, the director of instruction at the Desert Hawk Golf Club in Pueblo West, was a member of the ThunderWolves’ golf team from 1975-78 and helped lead the team to the 1978 Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference championship when he was an all-RMAC selection, as well as two NCAA Division II tournament appearances (1976, 1978). 

“I’m ecstatic for the opportunity,” Dillon said.  “Playing golf at CSU-Pueblo has done a lot for me and really shaped my life, and I’m excited to that I get to hopefully build the women’s program into a marquee program.”

Since leaving CSU-Pueblo, Dillon has served as a golf pro in a variety of locations, including Pueblo West, New Port Ritchie, Fla. and Cheyenne, Wyo.  From 1991-2008, he was the head golf pro and general manager of the Shadow Hills Golf Club in Canon City, and has spent the last year as the Director of Instruction at the Desert Hawk Golf Course in Pueblo West.  He has attained PGA class A-1 certification and has received commendation from the PGA as a junior golf instructor.

At CSU-Pueblo, Dillon will serve as just the second golf coach in the program’s history and will seek the program’s first ever RMAC Championship.  The program was forged in 2005-06.

“Greg has a chance be a great director of the women’s golf program and he has great enthusiasm about the program’s potential,” Folda said.  “He is a well-known name in Southern Colorado golf circles, and I have no doubt that he will find success at CSU-Pueblo.”