Former assistant Drummond named CSU-Pueblo Women’s Tennis coach

Colorado State University-Pueblo Director of Athletics, Joe Folda, has announced that former CSU-Pueblo assistant Brian Drummond has been named the ThunderWolves’ women’s tennis coach.

Drummond replaces Tom Durham, who will focus on helming the CSU-Pueblo men’s tennis team this coming season.

Drummond was an assistant under the past two tennis coaches at CSU-Pueblo, Tom Durham and Bob Scott.  A local tennis instructor and coach, he has worked with the Pueblo Junior Excellence Program for seven years.

“I’m happy to be named the CSU-Pueblo women’s tennis coach,” Drummond said.  “My focus will be on getting and retaining more good local players, and place a focus on good effort in the classroom as well as on the court.  I want us to work hard and have fun, and I believe that success will eventually follow.”

“We’re excited to give Brian this opportunity,” Folda said.  “He has been involved with our tennis program for years, and we believe he can elevate our program so it can once again compete for a conference championship