Golf alum Koschke named men’s golf coach

Colorado State University-Pueblo director of Athletics, Joe Folda, has announced the hiring of former CSU-Pueblo golfer, Josh Koschke, as the ThunderWolves’ men’s golf coach.

Koschke, the team captain on the ThunderWolves’ last RMAC Championship team in 2004, when he finished second at the 2003 RMAC Fall Championships behind teammate Travis Morton, will take over a ThunderWolf golf program that has reached the NCAA Division II Regionals for eight straight seasons.

“It’s a great challenge and wonderful opportunity to grow this program,” Koschke said. “Pueblo is a great golf community, our courses and the climate is awesome, and CSU-Pueblo is in a great position to have a nationally-ranked golf program year in and year out, and that will be my goal here.”

Koschke is the Director of Instruction at the Walking Stick Golf Course in Pueblo, the ThunderWolves’ home course, and brings a built-in working relationship with the CSU-Pueblo men’s golf team. He has helped establish a golfer development program and junior golf program at the course, and has had contact with the top high school and collegiate golfers in the area.

As a golfer, Koschke finished third in the 2007 Colorado Section Assistants Championship and qualified for and competed in the 2002 United States Amateur Public Links Championship. He was also a member of two national-qualifying teams at Lamar Community College in Lamar, Colo., winning four JuCo tournaments in his time at Lamar. As a prep at Standley Lake High School in Westminster, he played in three Colorado State High School state tournaments. He is currently a member of the PGA and is working toward “Class A” status.

“Josh is a great hire for the men’s golf program,” Folda said. “He has a great deal of familiarity and success in the Pueblo golfing community, and I have no doubt that he has the enthusiasm and work ethic to potentially bring home a RMAC Championship and more for our program.”