A Review of Pueblo’s Pizza Scene

Photo by Shourav Sheikh via Unsplash

By Camerron Martin

Pueblo offers a wide selection of cuisine options: from busy restaurants to run-of-the-mill food trucks, there is something for everyone to try and enjoy when they’re feeling a little bit hungry. Among the many options, Pueblo has to offer no shortage of local pizza restaurants. These restaurants provide multiple unique variations of pizzas for people to enjoy.

First, on the list is the Thunderzone Pizza and Tap House located at 2270 Rawlings Blvd. They offer a selection of pizza choices that cater to all types. You can choose from eight premade options or build your own in personal, medium or large sizes; they all come out amazingly. The thin crust makes the perfect base for folding your slices while still pilling on all the necessary toppings you could ask for.

Following up is the Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom at 3204 N Elizabeth St. The restaurant offers nine classic style-like pizzas along with four Detroit deep-dish style pizzas and the option to build your own. The traditional style pizzas are perfect in their field as an excellent choice for lunch or dinner for you and your friends. While the deep dish options serve as an excellent choice for those who want a pizza that is bursting with flavor. It leaves no shortage of choices for hungry pizza enthusiasts.

Next is Angelo’s Pizza Parlor on 105 E Riverwalk, which offers eight specialty pizza options of all calibers along with the build-your-own options. Angelo’s pizza is the winner in the “size of slice” category as their pizzas come cut with larger proportions in mind. Thin crust pizza with all the must-have toppings accounted for makes Angel’s a must-stop for anyone looking for good pizza in downtown Pueblo.

For those who enjoy a thick slice of pizza with a bit of a sweeter crust, the Do Drop Inn is the perfect place to look for one—located at 1201 S Santa Fe Ave. Do Drop Inn offers eleven signature options, from traditional dishes to some more creative, such as their taco pizza. There is no lack of inventiveness in the restaurant. The slices come piled high and thick with flavor and hold up very well as you and your friends enjoy their pies.

Finally, there is Pueblo’s oldest pizza restaurant, Ianne’s Pizzeria Inc, which has been feeding Pueblo pizza since the early 1950s. Located on 515 W Northern Ave, Ianne’s has served in-house pizza made from locally sourced ingredients for half a century. Ianne’s offers four timeless classics that all fall on the simpler side of pizzas that anyone can enjoy. Their local sourcing for ingredients makes for a great taste that makes you feel at home while you dine with them.