CSU Pueblo Roads Can Lead to a Trip to the Mechanic

By Camerron Martin

It is no secret that Pueblo, Colo., has some issues that most local and visiting people would like to see fixed. Countless unused buildings, a lack of affordable housing and accessible information for exciting activities to take part in are among some of the persistent problems in our community that everyone would like to see resolved. However, among all its issues, one of the most prevalent and widely spread is the terrible city’s roads.

Not every square inch of asphalt in Pueblo is horrible to drive on. The city does a lot of work to keep the roads from becoming too impaired to drive on; however, it is still no secret that there are problems on our motorways all over town. Streets that snake through the campus of Colorado State University Pueblo are among the ones that need serious attention.

It can be very uncomfortable to be late to a class or try to get across campus on time when suddenly you hit a pothole hard enough to erase your vehicle’s alignment. Or add another rattling noise you can’t locate the source of, which can add a fair amount of stress on students when this situation should be handled to prevent problems like this from occurring. 

New students coming to campus from in and outside the state may not know what areas to be careful about while driving. In most cases, there are lumps and bumps in sections of the roads you won’t notice until you hit them. These conditions are common around Troy Ave. and Rawlings Blvd. around the ThunderZone Pizza and Tap House and the Thunderbowl Stadium. 

Taking a left off Bonforte Blvd. onto Desert Flower Blvd. is another high-problem area. Since Desert Flower Blvd. is uneven and patchy on both sides, if you’re not too careful about it, it will seriously throw your vehicle around and can put you in a dangerous situation. Further down to Walking Stick Blvd., it is almost the same story as the road is majorly uneven and rough in certain areas, which makes it, so nobody enjoys driving on it.

It is no secret that the campus roads need a little love and attention. If a project to fix these roads during the slower months of operation on campus were started, everyone would be a little bit happier. The issues should be addressed for the safety of the students, faculty and staff on campus and the general public of Pueblo that drives down these roads.