Pueblo’s Spiritual Life Gather at Successful Holistic Fair

By Madison Lira

Pueblo’s 22nd annual Holistic Fair was held at the Pueblo Convention earlier this month on Nov. 5 and Nov. 6 between mid-morning and the early evenings of the two days. This year’s fair featured over 90 vendors in the convention center’s lobby.

When you first walked in, around 20 booths featured many spiritual readers who ranged from giving tarot card readings about what’s to come in your love life to even communicate with those furry friends who are still with you or have passed on to the afterlife. 

Many of their sessions lasted about 20 minutes to almost an hour, while prices for readings ranged between $15 – $200 for homeopathic healing. The spiritual readers made sure they dove straight in to discuss what the readings they were doing meant and help you understand some things revolving around yourself more clearly. 

While walking further into the fair, one of the ballrooms revealed so many vendors who were local to Pueblo or Colorado. Many vendors featured homemade products such as artwork, jewelry, homeopathic medicine, candles and much more. However, a recurring item amongst many of these vendors was crystals. Many vendors had them laid out if the crystals were in tower form or different shapes. One such vendor, Moon Mountain Gems of Grand Junction, had a giant Labradorite crystal heart on display for all to see. 

Many of the 90-plus vendors at the fair were in this ballroom, but two specifically stood out among them. One shop, “Ends and Oddities,” featured entomology and taxidermized art of many different critters, such as butterflies, alligators, octopuses and even spiders. Many insects were encased in beautiful frames and with backgrounds of tarot cards and even Edward Scissorhands. 

The stand owner, Natalie Amirgholizdeh, discussed where the taxidermized animals and insects came from. “A lot of them are from Texas, and some are actually from overseas because they are not native to America.” 

Amirgholizdeh had also discussed her favorite insects to work with were the taxidermized spiders. “Spiders are harder to spread; that’s why they are fun,” she said. 

Another vendor that had stood out at the fair was previously showcased at Celestial Moons, located on Union Avenue. Jessica Bathory of “Under a Wizards Hat” had many items to showcase and sell to attendees. The items ranged from unique crystals, one was a Hello Kitty-shaped crystal, to homemade earrings with little yellow ducks on them and a ‘Make Your Own Spell Jar’ table laid out. 

Out of all those items, however, the most exciting products Bathory had out on display were her homemade teacup spell candles. Many of the candles featured real crystals that corresponded with what spells the candles were meant to produce. Little charms and herbs added to the aesthetic of the candles. The candles are poured and displayed in little teacups and plates that match the design of the cups. 

Bathory discussed the candle’s composition. “They’re made up of 100% soy wax and essential oils. Each of the teacups are thrifted or antiqued, so you can use them. It’s like a two-in-one. You can drink some tea after you burn your candle!” 

Bathory also discussed the colors of each candle and the meanings and spells they are supposed to bring into somebody’s life. “The pink ones that you see are for self-love. The green ones are for abundance and money attraction and the yellow ones are for manifestation. The blue ones are what I like to call them my ‘sea witch’ candles.”

Overall, the Pueblo Holistic Fair featured many friendly vendors eager to answer any questions anyone attending had about what they were offering and selling. There were many vendors there who sold eccentric-looking items while featuring many local artists and shops that can be visited in the downtown area. Even those who may not be familiar with the scene of holistics can find this fair enjoyable and informative.

The next annual fair will be held on April 1 and 2 in 2023, and it’ll be exciting to see what new vendors will come to offer their services and goods to the city of Pueblo.