Provost Search and Chick-fil-A on Campus?

By John Boren

During the Colorado State University of Pueblo Faculty Senate meeting on Monday, Nov. 14, 2022, there were several things of note, one being that the search firm AS, Academic Search, was present for the last 45 minutes of the meeting to be asked questions. 

Linda McMillin and Ginny Horvath from AS were present over zoom and were asked questions from the senate as to what they are looking for in possible candidates for the provost position.

They have a timeline that by the week ending Saturday, Nov. 26, based on the surveys from the search committee, will have a profile of the person the committee is searching for.

The senate faculty wants someone that represents the community as well as someone that supports the faculty. The search will start in early December and have a deadline for applications in February.

All ten degrees and certifications that were up for second reading got approved and will be up for a final debate and vote at the next meeting.

President Timothy Mottet is looking to diversify revenue streams for CSU Pueblo, and one of those ways is additional food vendors. The food vendor Chick-fil-A is being discussed as being something that may be available on campus. However, there are some issues with their stances on LGBTQ issues with their policies.

President Mottet wants an info session on campus where people can read their documents and hear arguments for and against Chick-fil-A. President Motett said that “Chick-fil-A is evolving on its DEI policies.” There is currently no contract with Chick-Fil-A as of this time. 

Governor Greg Abbot wants CSU Pueblo to model its budget to have a 4% increase in tuition instead of 3%.