Cheap Christmas Gifts for a Lower Budget

Photo contributed by Pexels.

By Camerron Martin

With the holiday season fast approaching, people again begin asking each other for their lists of what they want for Christmas. However, some gifts come with a high price, and for some, it can be a tougher challenge to find gifts for your friends and family on a lower budget. Here is a compiled list of varied ideas from which you can pull inspiration.

Almost everyone owns some technology they use daily in our modern world, so why not get them gifts that fit in with that? Almost everyone uses AirPods or something similar. A three-in-one cleaning pen can ensure they stay clean for just $8.99 on Amazon. 

Maybe someone you know wants to take their tunes to the next level, but you don’t want to spend one hundred dollars on a massive speaker. Brands such as JBL offer compact and quality portable speakers for just around thirty dollars on Amazon. 

Wired chargers are slowly becoming a thing of the past, as most new-generation phones can charge wirelessly. Gifting a charger that can do so is a cheap way to help someone out since they don’t come stock with new phones. Amazon offers a wide selection of affordable wireless charges, with most around $10 to 15.

Someone may be looking for a few things to spice up their living quarters, and a great selection of items fits this category perfectly. For example, in most cases, you can buy scented candles from almost any retail store for about $15 to 25, including some more prominent brands such as Bath and Body Works. As there are so many different scent options, there are bound to be some you know would work well for the person you are gifting them to. 

There may be someone in your life who likes to cook. Amazon and stores such as Walmart or Target offer kitchenware sets ranging from pots and pans to knives and measuring cups ranging from around $25 to $40 on average. 

If you would instead look for a pile of general stocking stuffers rather than personalized gifts, there is far from a lack in this area. Gift cards can be bought anywhere for anything and are a great thing to have. In most cases, allow you to set your own amount to load onto the card to keep you from going too far overboard. 

One of the most popular that disappoints little kids but excites adults is clothing. Piles of socks, underwear, pants, shirts, gloves, hats and more can all be bought and gifted for less than $100. In most cases, nobody will complain about receiving them, especially young college-aged adults.

Christmas time tends to be a little chilly, and when people try to stay warm, how could they say no to heated blankets? Stores such as Target offer quality ones for around $30.

With so many different possibilities, it is a challenge to name them all. Still, with some examples above and a little personal research, we hope this is enough motivation to get your brain to turn out ideas for cheaper gifts to prevent you from breaking the bank during the holiday season.