Valentine’s vendor market features over 30 local small businesses

Photo by Danielle Whitaker. Jody Langford handing out freeze-dried candy samples at the Will You Be My Valentine? Market on Friday night.

By Danielle Whitaker

On Friday and Saturday, Feb. 10 and 11, Dossem Events hosted a Valentine’s vendor market at the Olde Towne Carriage House in downtown Pueblo, Colo. the “Will You Be My Valentine?” event was attended by more than 30 vendors selling homemade crafts, candy and clothing, several for the first time. 

Much like first-time vendor Jody Langford, CEO of Jodacious Treats. Langford only started her “freeze dried foods, candy creations and home baked goods” (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089718853868) business a month ago, when she turned her interest in baking towards making candy. 

First-time vendor Kelly Stewart, CEO of Colorado Handmade Art, recalls that she was initially drawn to the event by “the building and the atmosphere.” 

When questioned about whether she would return next year, the handmade jewelry and crocheted craft maker responded that she would, as there were “lots of good people here.”

Paula Wilson, CEO of Paula’s Cozy Kitchen and year-long vendor of her baked goods and her husband’s pickles, too confirmed that she would be coming back next year since these events are “nice to interact with people”– customers and vendors both. The networking between the different vendors also helped sway her vote.

Second-time vendor and owner of Headstrong Hair and Nail Studio, a five-year-old hair and nail salon based out of Pueblo West, Colo. Sophia Greenwood also expressed an eagerness to return next year as the market brings lots of customers.

When asked for any advice they would give to future vendors, both Greenwood and her husband, Rob Greenwood, answered. “Bring your product, sell yourself,” replied Rob. “Believe in what you do,” responded Sophia.

Dossem Events, an event planning company based out of Pueblo West, has been putting on these small business markets around the holidays for the last five years in order “to get small business in Pueblo publicity,” says event organizer Bryn Noelle. 

When asked what it would mean if the event was successful, Noelle answered, “If the vendors are happy.” This one was undoubtedly a success for all involved.

Langford, Jody. “Jodacious Treats.” Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089718853868.