SoCo Comic Con returns this weekend

Camerron Martin
Colorado State Fair entrance where SoCo Comic Con will be held. Photo by Camerron Martin.

Comic-Con is an event where fans of all kinds of items, such as movies, games, comics, and so much more, come together to show their love for their favorite media. The venues in which these conventions take place have been popping up more and more since Comic-Con’s humble beginnings as a small meeting in San Diego in 1970. For the fourth year, Pueblo will host its own Comic-Con.

On Saturday, October 7, the SoCo Comic Con will be held at the Colorado Stae Fairgrounds from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., offering many of the same sights as the larger conventions. Vendors, exhibitors, and plenty of booths will dot the now-larger venue, allowing for plenty of fans to come and show their support for their favorite media as well as the event itself because, without the support of the community, the event wouldn’t have the ability to grow. 

Like any other convention, fans are openly welcome to dress up and cosplay their favorite characters while they visit the event. With the weather forecasted to reach a high of around seventy-three degrees in the late afternoon tomorrow, with lows around the low forties, it won’t cause too much discomfort for those who dress up heavily. Still, those with lighter costumes might want to take precautions to prepare for the cooler early morning temperatures. 

The event will feature visits from well-known actors and voice actors, including Vic Mignogna, Stephanie Nadolny, Brian Cummings, Melanie Kohn, Greg Peters, and many more, who will be present to meet fans. The event offers a few different admission options, starting with general admission prices of five dollars online and ten dollars at the door for ages eighteen and up. Beyond this, V.I.P. tickets are available online only for thirty-five dollars and include a bonus swag bag which includes a V.I.P. custom admission badge, two 11×17 prints, a custom magnet, a set of two coasters, three general admission wristbands, and a set of five custom Collector cards. There is also an online-only Fantastic 4 Pack Admission bundle that will cover the admission of any four people together for 15 dollars.