Art Club sponsoring “Simpsons” writer Joel Cohen

CSU-Pueblo’s Art Club will be sponsoring Joel Cohen, the next in the distinguished speaker series on campus. Cohen, a co-writer and producer for the award-winning show “The Simpsons,” will be speaking in the OUC Ballroom on Wednesday, October 13, at 7 p.m. His speech will include some anecdotal tips and tricks on how to run a successful business while maintaining a fun–and humorous atmosphere.

Before the event, the Art Club will host several “Simpsons” themed events, including a doughnut-eating contest.

“Doesn’t that sound hilarious?” Art Club president Aaron Fanning said. “I ordered ten dozen doughnuts from Albertsons’… let’s see how much damage we can do.”

Photo courtesy of DoDownloader.com

The contest will be first-come, first-serve. According to Fanning, the contest will consist of five rounds with five people, all leading up to a final round of doughnuts.

In addition to the doughnuts, there will be a couch gag/musical chairs-style game.

“We’ll play a song, and everyone will circle around the couch,” Fanning said. “When the song stops, everyone will dive for the couch, and we’ll take a photo.” Both events will start sometime around 5 or 5:30 p.m., right outside the OUC. To sign up for these events, send an e-mail to [email protected].

“Hopefully the people who sign up will bring their friends,” Fanning said. “I think it’s going to be a lot of fun. I can’t wait to see people cramming their faces with doughnuts.”

Fanning encourages folks to attend the events with plans to listen to Joel Cohen afterward.

“Cohen’s lecture should be quite interesting,” Fanning said. “It will be of interest to anybody who’s involved in any kind of creative field.”