Olympian comes to CSU-Pueblo

The Distinguished Speaker Series returns to CSU-Pueblo and it’s bringing Olympian Jeremy Bloom with it, Sept. 6. He will be speaking to students, faculty and staff members in the OUC Ballroom.

Jeremy Bloom, philanthropist, businessman and athlete, will appear in the Distinguished Speaker Series, Sept. 6, in the OUC Ballroom.

Currently, Bloom is the founder of the Wish of a Lifetime Foundation, which grants lifelong wishes to people 80 years old and above. It granted more than 200 wishes in 2010.

Besides his foundation, Bloom is also the co-founder of the internet company Integrated.com, which focuses on next generation multi-channel marketing, and has office in Colorado, Arizona and New York, according to the company’s website. This is Bloom’s current occupation.

However, Bloom is most well-known for his athletic career. During college, he was an All-American wide receiver and return specialist for the University of Colorado-Boulder. Professionally, Bloom played football for the Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburg Steelers.

Bloom was a freestyle mogul skier for the Olympic team in which he was a three-time World Champion, two-time Olympian and an 11-time World Cup gold medalist

Also on his resume, Bloom has dabbled in broadcasting. He worked as an analysis for ESPN and Versus college football, and for NBC covering the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. 

The Distinguished Speaker Series highlights speakers that have been successful in their field of experience. The series has brought prominent people to Pueblo for the last three years, including actor Danny Glover and more recently, Olympian Bruce Jenner. It is paid for through student fees, and is therefore free to attend.

For more information on the Distinguished Speaker series or Jeremy Bloom, go to the student activities page on CSU-Pueblo’s website.