Women ThunderWolves earn another draw

The CSU-Pueblo women’s soccer team came from behind to salvage a 1-1 draw against Colorado Mesa Sunday, Oct. 23. The tie was their second of the weekend and did not come easy for the Pack.

The game was almost a complete turnaround from the Packs game earlier in the weekend, in which they dominated but could not put away their chances. Colorado Mesa forced sophomore keeper Savannah Thompson to make 12 saves in one of her best performances of the season.

A Mavericks goal came late in the first half on a cross from Kelci Crispe. With six seconds remaining in the half, Crispe’s pass found Jackie Ramsey who calmly placed the ball past Thompson.

The Pack fought back in the second half and Esther Villa ripped a shot that hit the underside of the crossbar, beating Maverick keeper Sarah Schnetzler and tying the game 1-1.

The game progressed to overtime where Thompson made three more saves, which preserved the tie for the Pack 1-1.

The Pack returns home for their final two games of the season, which begin Friday, Oct. 28, when they host New Mexico Highlands. The game has a 7 p.m. kick off and is scheduled at Rawlings Soccer Complex.