The Hungry Eye Celebrates its 18th Issue

The Hungry Eye is celebrating the release of its 2007-08 edition magazine next month by having a reading and book signing with the authors of the publication at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 1 in the OUC Underground.

The Hungry Eye is a student created publication containing works of creative fiction, non-fiction and poetry that have been submitted by the students of CSU-Pueblo and is produced annually by the English Department’s literary club.

Free copies of the magazine will be available at the event, and attendees are encouraged to read through it and meet the students who have authored the content and whom have made the magazine possible.

Refreshments and cake may be available.

Over 150 stories and poems were submitted and after careful judging 41 were selected to be published.

CSU-Pueblo Creative Writing Director Juan Morales has spearheaded the project for the first time in 2007. He states that he was excited to take over the publication for its 18th issue and intends to respect the integrity and maintain the high standards of previous issues of the Hungry Eye.

The magazine will be distributed after the event in the writing room located in the Psychology Building and in Morales’ office, with other locations currently being considered.

Submissions are still being accepted for future issues of the publication. Interested students are encouraged by Morales to send their work by e-mail to [email protected] in either an MSWord or RTF format. All submissions will be subject to the Submitting Student Statement of Verification and Compliance, which reads as follows:

“By sending your work to the Hungry Eye, you hereby verify that the submitted writing is your own original work, and that any use of outside materials or sources has been credited to the original authors(s) using the appropriate format and documentation style.

“You also hereby grant Colorado State University-Pueblo the right to use or publish your work – without any compensation to you in The Hungry Eye or on The Hungry Eye Web site. You will retain copyright to the submission, will always be acknowledged as author, and will be allowed to assign any subsequent publishing rights as you see fit. By sending us your work, you give permission to publish your work.”