Pack softball dominates game one against Regis University

After ending the month of February with six straight losses, the lady ThunderWolves have won nine out of their last 10 games. The month of March has completely been owned by the Pack.

The ThunderWolves’ day started off  Saturday March 17, with a huge first inning. Alexa Snyder got the Pack going with a single to start the game. Snyder then advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt from Kelsey Wagner. The next batter, Ariel Lopez, followed with another single that scored Snyder and gave the ThunderWolves their first lead of the day.

Pitcher Marissa Reyes cleared the bases with a homer to left field that added two more runs. The homerun was Reyes’ first of the year and provided the Pack with a 3-0 lead as they entered the second inning.

The lead would be short-lived as the Rangers responded in the top of the second. Regis put together three singles, a walk and an error which resulted into three runs and tied the ball game. They would add another run in the third, which gave them a 4-3 lead.

It took the ThunderWolves until the fifth inning to answer.  Reyes helped her own cause as she rallied the Pack with a two-out single to right field. She would later reach second on a balk. Justine Bosio’s double to right field scored Reyes and allowed them to pull even.

The Pack would add another run in the sixth that provided them the lead, a lead they would not relinquish. The run in the sixth was the result of Aimee Spathias’s single up the middle that scored McKenzie Joseph, who tripled earlier in the inning.

In the top of the seventh Caitlin Wambeke came in to close the game with a 1-2-3 inning that provided the ThunderWolves with a 4-5 victory.

Reyes not only hit her first homerun of the season but also notched her fourth victory of the year, as well.