Pueblo Riverwalk opens for summer season

The Riverwalk in Pueblo will offer tour rides to locals and tourists alike for the summer season starting May 4. Photo by Nico Fatta.

The Pueblo Riverwalk is opening for the summer season May 4. There will be one dollar boat rides and half off prices for the pedal boats.

The Riverwalk is one of Pueblo’s top-visited tourist spots because there is several activities to do there down including sight-seeing, narrated boat tours, paddle-boat rides and summer events. The Riverwalk helps draw in tourists and in turn, attracts those people to local businesses and shops on Union Ave.

“I’m looking forward to opening day and seeing how many people we are able to bring in this year,” said Sean MacIndoe, manager of Boat Operations. The Pueblo Riverwalk includes several staff members who attend CSU-Pueblo while also driving a university-themed boat throughout the Riverwalk.

The excursion boat tour lasts roughly 15 to 20 minutes while covering historical data about the downtown community and what the town experienced after the flood in Pueblo in 1921.

There will be a booze cruise available for people of legal drinking age that will start at 5 p.m. Mixed drinks and Budweiser products will be available made by the bartenders while your tour is being given.

For more information, go to www.puebloharp.com or their Facebook page by typing Pueblo Riverwalk in the search option.

View Comments (2)