Color Me Rad 5k coming to Denver

Participants in race will be covered in various colors, all of which are non-toxic. Photo from colormerad.com
For many, entering a 5K can seem uninteresting, exhausting. However, Color Me Rad is based on the experience with friends and family not off time.

Each year, the Color Me Rad 5k tours throughout the entire country and will be coming to Denver on September 29. A 5K is roughly 3.1 miles in length. The 5K race will be held at the Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield.

The location is 8500 Deer Creek Canyon Rd, Littleton, Colo. The event is estimating thousands of people to attend this year.

The experience is meant to unite people for the common goal of enjoying yourself and being part of something thousands of people take part in.

According to the website for the event, www.ColorMeRad.com, “After 5K of color bombardment, we guarantee your outlook will be brighter, your boyfriend will be more affectionate, your girlfriend will be less needy, the hair on your head will grow back and the hair on your back will fall out, your black and white TV will turn into 720p HD (I know you were hoping for 1080, but we organize races, we’re not miracle workers), and your gray outlook will turn green like a spring morning.”

Registration can be done on the website, www.ColorMeRad.com, where your information and payments will be taken to enter the race. Registration deadlines are the following: $40 till 8/3/12, $45 till 8/22/12 and $50 till 9/12/12. The sooner registration is completed on the website, the better.

Carly Moore, 19, was a participant in a previous 5K race this year in Denver, held in May. The event brought thousands of people together.

“It was a really fun thing to do with my friends,” said Moore. Moore used to run cross country at Pueblo Centennial high school and was a city and league champion in 2010.

Moore went on to discuss how the race is meant to be enjoyed with friends and not to be taken seriously. This race is not meant to be competitive by any means. The website states, “Instead of running FROM something, get ready to run FOR something at this year’s Color Me Rad. Run for the hell of it.”

In case participants are wondering what exactly is done during the race, a brief description is as follows. Show up to the race and be registered and you will be given your registration number to run and a free T-shirt that can be worn during the race. Once the race starts, a crew will begin throwing various colors at you in different phases of the race.

The colors being tossed at the runners are not dangerous or hazardous to your health. The website for the race states, “This is non-toxic, non-rash-inducing, Kroger branded, colored corn-starch. Subsidized by the government and processed in the good ol’ US of A, these blasts of starch will change your color, and your demeanor, but never your level of wellness.”

The Color Me Rad 5K race is nationally entered by thousands of people ranging in all ages. It is fun for the family and bringing friends together for fun and a new form of entertainment.

For more information about how to enter the 5K race, go to: www.ColorMeRad.com for details and registration. There is also a video that plays upon going to the site to see what exactly it is.