Pack supports Cancer awareness

CSU-Pueblo athletics will wear pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. Photo courtesy of gothunderwolves.com.
PUEBLO, Colo. (GoThunderWolves.com – Oct. 17, 2012) – At this week’s home football, soccer and volleyball games during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, CSU-Pueblo Athletics will raise funds locally for cancer research and awareness, benefitting the St. Mary-Corwin Breast Center of Excellence.

The Pack’s ‘Pink Week’ will kick off Saturday, Oct. 20 when the number-one-ranked ThunderWolves football team hosts Black Hills State in the fourth annual ‘Pink Out’ game.

The game will feature sales of pink “Back the Pack” T-shirts for just $12 each, five dollars of each sale being donated to the Breast Center of Excellence.

The ThunderWolves will also host the second annual “Pack the Stadium” food drive, in conjunction with Pueblo Cooperative Care Center. Each fan to bring a food item to the game will receive a coupon for a free order of Crazy Bread from Little Caesar’s. For more information on the food drive, contact Marcie Reynolds-Bain at (719) 545-3403.

On Sunday, Oct. 21, the ThunderWolves soccer teams will host the third annual “Kickin’ Cancer” event, beginning at noon when the Pack women’s soccer team hosts Fort Lewis.

The men’s team will also host the Skyhawks, the defending NCAA Division II champions, at 2:30 p.m. Pink shirts will be sold at the game, and all fans who attend the game wearing pink will be admitted for just $3.

Additionally, all youth soccer players wearing their team jersey will be admitted free to the game.

Pink Week will wrap up Friday, Oct. 26 with the sixth annual “Block Out Breast Cancer” volleyball game vs. Western New Mexico at 7 p.m. Fans wearing pink will be admitted for just $3.

Pink “Back the Pack” shirts will be on sale prior to the game at the CSU-Pueblo Bookstore. The Bookstore will also hold a ‘Pink Week’ sale, giving an additional 20% off select pink items this week.

For more information on CSU-Pueblo’s “Pink Week” activities, contact the CSU-Pueblo Department of Athletics at (719) 549-2711.

For more information visit www.gothunderwolves.com