Top Ten Horror Movies, Part Two

I know you’ve been dying to read the next installment of my top 10 of terror. Without further ado, here are the eighth and seventh entries to make the list: #8 – Cigarette Burns

Even though “Cigarette Burns” was only an hour long, it made every minute worth having my eyes glued to the tube. John Carpenter directs this masterpiece that stars Norman Reedus as Kirby (not the guy from Nintendo).

Kirby is a bankrupted owner of a movie theater called “Vogue.” Mr. Bellinger, a private collector, hires Kirby to find a cursed horror movie titled, “Le Fin Absolue du Monde.” People that have seen this movie become violent resulting in a massacre at a film festival. Everyone involved in the making of “Le Fin Absolue du Monde” die.

Kirby decides to search for this movie for the reward of $200,000. Kirby feels the money would make things right again. What’s wrong? Annie was Reedus’ late wife. Her father blames Kirby for her death.

Later in the movie, Mr. Bellinger shows Kirby an angel held captive in Mr. Bellinger’s basement. The angel was real in “Le Fin Absolue du Monde.” It had its wings cut off and appeared life like.

“Cigarette Burns” is hard to find now. If you ever come across it, buy it! If you’re a fan of John Carpenter and/or Norman Reedus, then this movie deserves to be in your collection.

#7 – Thir13een Ghosts

“Thir13en Ghosts” is another remake that made my list. Like “House on Haunted Hill,” the characters in this movie needed a visual aid to see what was really going on. The house, the glass walls and the weird inscriptions on the glass all made sense throughout the movie.

“Thir13en Ghosts” revolves around Arthur Kriticos, Kathy Kriticos, Robert “Bobby” Kriticos, Dennis Rafkin and Maggie Bess.

Arthur inherits a house from his uncle. The house seems perfect. As the old saying goes, “if it’s too good to be true, it probably is.” A flip of a switch cause the ghosts that inherit the house to unleash their fury, but not until the climax. The build up to the climax is well done. The back story and ghosts are amazing.

These ghosts are hard to stop and all the Kriticos family can do is run away. The ending explains a lot, and it doesn’t set up a sequel. As great of a movie as this was, why make a sequel?

Until next time, good fright, good night!