Shamrock Brewing Company is restaurant of the month

Photo courtesy of http://www.pubcrawler.com
    The Shamrock Brewing Company is the restaurant of the month for March. Photo courtesy of http://www.pubcrawler.com

For the month of March, the Colorado State University-Pueblo Foundation has picked the Shamrock Brewing Company to be the restaurant of the month.

15 percent of each ticket will be donated back to the foundation when a coupon is presented at the time of purchase. Marketing and Development Specialist, Lacy Desmond, for the foundation said that both the restaurant and foundation benefit from the fundraiser.

“We allowed (the restaurant) to pick any night of the week, we market their restaurant to our constituents and drive traffic for that day. In turn, the restaurant agrees to donate a portion of the proceeds back to CSU-Pueblo,” Desmond said.

The money generated from the fundraiser will support CSU-Pueblo by going to the foundation, which provides financial support to the university in the form of private gifts and grants.

Desmond said that the foundation has contacted and will be partnering with several restaurants in the community. Manhattan’s Pizza will be the featured restaurant for April, and Paul’s Great American Heroes has been secured for May, Desmond said.

The coupon is available on the CSU-Pueblo Foundation website should be presented at the time of purchase. Customers can print or show a digital copy to their server to earn CSU-Pueblo the money.

The Shamrock Brewing Company is located on 108 w. 3rd St, near the Sangre de Christo Art Center.