75th International Food and Cultural Extravaganza

International food and cultural extravaganza
    The 75th Annual International Food and Cultural Extravaganza will take place on April 12, from 5:30-8 p.m. at the Occhiato University Center Ballroom. Photo courtesy of https://www.facebook.com.

The 75th Annual International Food and Cultural Extravaganza will take place on April 12, from 5:30-8 p.m. at the Occhiato University Center Ballroom.

The Colorado State University-Pueblo International Students Association, an organization at Center for International Programs at CSU-Pueblo, organized the event.

The 75th International Food and Cultural Extravaganza will celebrate the 75 years of international students’ diversity at CSU- Pueblo, and contributes in bringing international students, local American students and community members in Pueblo close to each other.

The theme for this year’s extravaganza is “international fashion and entertainment industries.” Guests are required to dress fancy in accordance with the theme.

For the first time in 75 years, there will be a red carpet entrance, where visiting international and American students, CSU- Pueblo faculty and staff and the Pueblo community members will walk on it, in accordance with the themes and will get their pictures taken.

Later in the evening, guests will have a chance to meet the international students representing their respective countries. The students will be available for questions related to their home countries.

There will also be an open mic talent show in which the students and the audience members will have a chance to present their respective talents.

Although visiting families are encouraged to bring a potluck dish, the theme for this year’s extravaganza food is German, and food all be provided by CISA.

There will also be an international fashion show in which both international and American students at CSU- Pueblo will model in different international dresses from India, Pakistan, Srilanka, Nigeria, China and South Korea.

In addition, the CIP staff will honor Madeline Casus with the “Lifetime Achievement Award” for her utmost services to the international students as a CIP staff member, until Dec. 17, 2012, when she lost her battle with cancer.

There will be a recognition for the “Volunteer of the Year Award,” and will be awarded to that one ‘Friend and Family’ member in Pueblo who has rendered utmost services to the international students at CSU- Pueblo during the 2012-13 year; and has also received strong recommendation from the international students for this award.