• The Creative Experience - coming to Fuel & Iron Food Hall from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Thursday 6/27. Join us for an evening of poetry, art, and music!

Outstanding Colorado State University-Pueblo students have a chance to be recognized

Photo courtesy of https://twitter.com
    The keynote speaker for the Tribute to Women awards dinner is Joan Rivers. Photo courtesy of https://twitter.com

Colorado State University-Pueblo students are eligible to be recognized at the YWCA 12th Annual Tribute to Women awards dinner, being held on May 14th at the Pueblo Convention Center.

The YWCA’s Tribute to Women is an awards dinner that honors local women in their contributions and achievements in their community.

According to a YWCA nomination flyer, there are four categories: Professional Achievement, Triumph over Adversity, Community Service and Young Leaders. For the Young Leaders category, nominees are ages 16 to 21.

In order to be nominated, an application must be filled out by the nominator and sent to the YWCA Tribute to Women Selection Committee at 801 North Santa Fe Ave. in Pueblo by April 19. The application can be found atwww.ywcapueblo.com and must be filled out on a computer or typewriter.

A selection committee from a nearby community will chose the top four women from each category. The committee will then pick the women who will receive the Anna Taussig Outstanding Achievement Award, which recognizes women who act as role models and who represent the YWCA’s mission, a Colorado Community Health Network newsletter said.

This year the keynote speaker for the Tribute to Women awards dinner is Joan Rivers. Rivers is a comedienne, author, actress, playwright, screenwriter, motion picture director, columnist, radio host and Emmy Award-winning television talk-show host, according to a YWCA press release.

Tickets for the dinner are $95 each and can be purchased at the YWCA. Information on sponsorship opportunities, including a chance to meet Rivers, is listed on the Pueblo’s YWCA website.

The Tribute to Women awards dinner is a fundraiser for the YWCA and the proceeds will go directly to the aid of programs such as the Family Crisis Shelter, the 24 hour Crisis Line, Child Counseling Program, Teen Dating Violence Prevention, Teresa’s Place and many more, according to the YWCA press release.