Automotive Industry Management spring events

Automotive-400
    The Automotive Industry Management, also known as AIM, will be hosting two spring events this semester. Photo courtesy of http://ceeps.colostate-pueblo.edu/

The Automotive Industry Management, also known as AIM, will be hosting two spring events this semester.

The two events that will be held are the Paul Sefcovic Memorial Auto Show and 8th Annual James G. Ward Memorial Golf Tournament.

The 8th Annual James G. Ward Memorial Golf Tournament will be held at the Walking Stick Golf Course, on April 12. First tee off for the tournament will begin at 9 a.m. contestants participating in the tournament are asked to arrive early to check-in.

Entry fee for the golf tournament is $90 per player playing in the tournament and $360 per team playing. During the tournament multiple contests will be held, these contests include: the longest putt, longest drive, closest to the pin and hole in one. Mulligan will also be sold but are only able to be used during the contest; they are being sold for $5 each.

For the golf tournament, there are ways people are able to donate; there is Sponsor a Hole; which is $100 per hole, and includes a sign at the hole representing who is sponsoring it. Cash donations of any amount are accepted and they include a special thanks and mention at the Tournament.

In addition, the Paul Sefcovic Memorial Auto Show will be held at Colorado State University-Pueblo, on April 20. The car show opens at 9 a.m. car registry will also be at 9 a.m. and last till 10 a.m. After all the cars are registered, judging will begin.

Cars can also be registered the day of the auto show.

Vendors are welcome to the auto show; booth fees are $20 per booth. No food vendors are able to participate. There is no charge for the auto show; it is free to the public and also free to vote.

Money raised for the auto show was possible due to T-shirt sponsors, car show entries and vendor booths.

It costs $10 per category before April 5, $15 per category day of car show. Contestant must apply for two or more to qualify for People’s Choice of Best in Show. There are eight categories that the cars can compete for, which include: Best in Show, Modified, Import, Motorcycle, Classic/Original, 4×4/Truck, Domestic and Lowrider.

Money raised from these events help the students in the AIM Program to go to Denver or the Specialty Equipment Market Association convention in Las Vegas, where students can meet manufactures, vendors and look at career opportunities.

AIM is a small program that consists of about 90 students; club members have to do a lot of networking to get their names out there.

Besides doing these two events, the AIM students also like to give back to the campus, because of what it has given to them. Another activity that they participate in are a lot of the food drives happening on campus.

For any other information contact Cathi Robbe at 719-549-2879 or e-mail her at [email protected].