CSU-Pueblo welcomes potential faculty member

Jean LeLoup, candidate for the associate chairperson of Foreign Languages and associate professor of Spanish will visit Colorado State University – Pueblo on Jan. 23.

LeLoup is currently the distinguished visiting professor of Spanish at the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. She is also a professor of Spanish and the coordinator of adolescence education and graduate studies in the Department of International Communications and Culture at SUNY Cortland.

LeLoup will be presenting her research “On the Integration of Culture in to the Foreign/Second Language Curriculum.”

The presentation focuses on the cultures goal area of the “National Standards for Foreign Language Learning” with its components of products, practices and perspectives.

This sort of triangulation approach to culture is known for its inclusion of perspectives as a consideration to the integration of culture in the second language curriculum.

A rational for and several approaches to the incorporation will also be discussed.

LeLoup is part of the new faculty hire that the Foreign Language department has been doing since Professor Covi left last year. The department has already hired new staff to teach Spanish as well as the other languages the university offers.

The presentation will take place in the Life Science building from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.