CSU-Pueblo hopes to strengthen ties with the community

Photo courtesy of https://csupueblo.thankyou4caring.org.
    The Colorado State University- Pueblo Foundation is making two substantial grants available to the four colleges at CSU-Pueblo in hopes of strengthening relationships with the community and alumni. Photo courtesy of https://csupueblo.thankyou4caring.org.

The Colorado State University- Pueblo Foundation is making two substantial grants available to the four colleges at CSU-Pueblo in hopes of strengthening relationships with the community and alumni.

The grants to be awarded are between $7,000 and $10,000, and this is the first time they have been offered. The funds must be used within the fiscal year in which they are awarded.

“Colleges (will be) encouraged to utilize the funds to strengthen the bond between the specific college and its respective alumni to increase membership and involvement,” said Tracy Samora, Director of Alumni Relations at CSU-Pueblo.

One college can win both awards, or the awards may go to different colleges as the foundation board members see fit.

In order to be awarded the grant money, a college must address the opportunities described by the foundation.

The first opportunity a college has to be awarded a grant is to provide a description of an innovative program, strategy, offering, or service which allows the faculty to engage with the community as a gesture of goodwill.

The second opportunity includes providing a description of a program, strategy or event that will strengthen the bond between the specific college and its respective alumni to increase membership and involvement.

The number one priority of providing these grants is to support and encourage the faculty’s involvement and engagement with the Pueblo community, Samora said.

“We want to build the university’s visibility and engagement with the Pueblo community,” Samora said.

The colleges who are awarded the grants will report back to the CSU-Pueblo Foundation regarding their use of the funds, specifics about the project or event they are using the funds for, the number of alumni or community members impacted, and follow-up plans to continue the program or event.

The grants are intended to assist in strengthening the relationships between the alumni and community members and the college by encouraging the colleges to reach out to their alumni to promote alumni involvement and engagement with the institution.

“Alumni often feel an affinity for the college or department from which they graduate. It is our hope through this program to continue to build and strengthen those relationships,” Samora said.