Student Discounts: Body Art

Associated Student Government has compiled a list of places around Pueblo that Colorado State University-Pueblo students can receive discounts. The list can be found on the ASG Web site.

This week we took a look at tattoos. If you need some new ink here’s a place you can go to make your student ID work for you.

Leon Miller, before passing away last March, had been in the tattoo business since the early 1930s. Becoming a legal tattoo artist at the age of 13, he is still known around the community as a trailblazer and frontrunner in tattooing history. He was one of the first artists to use all organic ink and state of the art sterilization techniques. Today those techniques are considered standard.

After passing away, Miller handed the reigns of his tattoo business to James and Tammy Stone. With the business, the Stones inherited a few of Miller’s inventions, the world’s largest and smallest tattoo machines.

With over 19 years combined experience, the Stones have been tattooing for as long as they can remember. Together they own and operate AZ Masters Tattooing & Piercing, 523 N. Sante Fe.

The facility offers full custom tattooing and piercing, as well as the repair and sale of tattooing equipment, which still carries the lifetime warranty created by Miller.

Having no violations and one of the cleanest records in Pueblo may be a few of the reasons for the success of the business.

Colorado State University-Pueblo students are offered a 10 percent discount on all services by showing a student ID. For more information call 719-579-0220 or visit their sister shop located at 2053 B St. in Colorado Springs, Colo.

Check back next week to find out how to get discounts on flowers for Valentine’s Day.