Kick-off the fourth with family and fun

The fourth is just around the corner, have you figured out what you’ll be doing? No matter if you have the day off or not, there are plenty of festivities to partake in even after you get off of work. 

Start your day off with an “All-American” breakfast at The Sliding Door Diner. The diner will be hosting its second annual All-American Pancake Breakfast to get you going for the rest of your eventful day. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 4 and under. Stuff your stomach with pancakes or waffles, bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, orange juice, and coffee. There will also be caboose rides available for $4 and $10 to ride in the locomotive.

Keep the celebration going with the Pueblo West 4th of July Community Parade. At 7:30 a.m. the Liberty Point 5k Run will take place. Following that will be the Wet and Dry Community Parade, either if you decide to get wet or stay dry; it’ll be fun for the whole family. Then stick around for the Street Festival and Carshow at the Civic Center.

Tired yet? How about we head over to the Riverwalk for some more fun! In the mood for some FREE fresh healthy food? Well the Farmers’ Market will be bringing several local farmers to the Riverwalk for a great variety of fresh produce. Stroll around the market listening to live music while the vendors cater to your appetite. Then relax with a Happy Hour Cruise on one of the Riverwalk Excursion Boats or just enjoy a ride with your family through the channel.

If that’s not enough, stick around for more. Last year the HARP Foundation, in conjunction with the Pueblo Symphony Orchestra presented Rollin’ on the Riverwalk and they’re back to do it again. Listen and watch as they put on another astounding show. You don’t want to miss this; they are anticipating a record-breaking crowd. Admission for an adult is $3 and kids ages 4-12 are $1. Bring the family down and complete your celebration with vibrant music and electrifying fireworks that will light up the sky.

No matter what you decide to do, there’s plenty going on to keep you busy. The fourth will be full of events, so come on down and partake in the celebration.