Sweethearts celebrating early

Sweethearts will be gathering to celebrate early this year as Chartwells hosts a Valentine’s Day dinner on Feb. 12.

The Sweetheart Dinner is something new this year Chartwells wanted to try something different and romantic. There will only be 40 seats available for this dinner.

“We decided to have this dinner in the Cottonwood Room in the OUC instead of having the dinner in the Columbine Café. The Cottonwood Room is a smaller room with the maximum amount around 40 people. Having the dinner in a smaller venue allows us to create a romantic ambience,” said Elise Solano, Chartwells Marketing Administrator.

The meal will consist of three courses: salad, entrée and dessert. Attendees of the Sweetheart Dinner will have a choice of Chicken Parmesan or the London Broil for the main course. There will also be a vegetarian option available, however you must specify this when you reserve your seats as well as give your entrée choice. The dessert will be a chocolate dessert that the sweethearts will share.

“The ideal dress for this would definitely be something that you would wear out to a romantic dinner. Ideally, business casual would be the best way to describe it but for the ladies a simple dress is always nice,” Solano said.

Off campus dates are welcome to accompany students, faculty and staff. Reservations need to be made by RSVP by noon on Feb. 10. The Sweetheart Dinner is free with a meal plan or if you don’t have a meal plan you can pay at the door $7.50 for students, staff, and faculty, $9 for guests.

Solano said to make reservations e-mail her at [email protected] or call her in the Chartwells Main Office at 549-2920.

Go to www.dineoncampus.com/csupueblo to get information about events, as well as other information about Chartwells campus dining at CSU-Pueblo.