CSU-Pueblo staff members find familiar faces at work

Some people love going to work for the sole purpose of getting a break from their loved ones. But for some Colorado State University-Pueblo staff members, everyday is “bring your spouse to work day.”

Laura Clark is an athletic training clinical instructor at CSU-Pueblo. She is married to Roger Clark, who is an assistant professor and athletic training education program director at CSU-Pueblo as well.

“We have a great working relationship,” Laura Clark said. “It is nice to be near each other and even though we work in the same building we still have to make time to talk to one another at work because we are so busy.”

The Clarks worked together previously at several jobs before working together at CSU-Pueblo and even worked in full time positions together while getting their PhD’s.

“We not only work together, but we also are involved in outside training as well,” Roger Clark said. “We are both really good at leaving work at work and not taking it home with us.”

Laura and Roger Clark have worked together for six years at CSU-Pueblo and have been married for 19 years.

“Since this Friday is Laura’s birthday we usually celebrate Valentine’s Day and her birthday together, and I definitely have something special planned for my wife,” Roger Clark said.

Another couple working together at CSU-Pueblo is Rick Huff, an instructor for computer information systems, and Elizabeth Huff, a professor in biology.

“I like working with my wife because we always have the same vacation times. When school is out for the day we are both done with work and have similar schedules,” Rick Huff said.

Rick and Elizabeth Huff have worked together for 10 years and half of that time they spent working in the same department.

“This Valentine’s Day I am getting Rick his favorite, which is strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar mixed together and he will probably get me some roses,” Elizabeth Huff said.

Rick and Elizabeth have been married for 22 years and have worked together for almost half of that time.

“The most important thing is we separate work and home life and it seems to work out great for us,” Elizabeth Huff said.