Caps, gowns make students rush to bookstore counters

The Colorado State University-Pueblo Bookstore was busy on March 3 and 4 as many students rushed to the counters to get their caps and gowns ordered for the May 2009 graduation. 

After ordering their caps and gowns students were able to take an exit survey, which allowed them to rate their experiences at CSU-Pueblo.

Not only were students able to order their caps and gowns at the bookstore, they could also order their college rings and graduation announcements.

grad-fair2.JPG“The announcements that we sell at the bookstore just have the general information about the graduation and blank name cards where you can write your name in,” said Cindy Hall, the general merchandise manager of the CSU-Pueblo Bookstore.

The graduation announcements booth is where you can get your name put on name cards and things like that,” Josten ring sales representatives come more than once a year to campus to market their product and so students can get more of a one-on-one ring buying experience with the representatives.”

Most colleges have grad fairs a total three days while CSU-Pueblo has its only two days. If students can’t get to the grad fair on the allotted days, they can still order them on the bookstore’s Web site or go to the bookstore. There is a $15 late fee for all caps and gowns that weren’t ordered on the days of the grad fair.